November 12, 2015

Chasing Tale [Books Received for November 12, 2015]: The Last Chase

Chasing Tale is a regular feature on the blog where I highlight the latest books to wind up on my to-be-read pile, followed by a rant on whatever happens to be on my mind.

Chicks Kick Butt edited by Rachel Caine & Kerrie L. Hughes - I won this from one of the contributing authors, Elizabeth Vaughn, a couple weeks back.

Bottom Feeders by Adam Cesare and Cameron Pierce - This was a cheapie leading up to Halloween, and I figured some monster horror action would be fun.

A Halloween Tale by Austin Crawley - I didn't read this for Halloween, but there's no reason it can be Halloween all year long, as far as I'm concerned.

Lovecraft Unbound edited by Ellen Datlow - Nothing wrong with an anthology edited by Ellen Datlow. Seriously, so long as her name is on the cover, I'm not too concerned with the title.

The 3 Egos by David Dunwoody - I picked this up as a freebie on the Kindle Store in October. It's been a long time since I read Dunwoody's stuff, but when I did it was always good.

Estranged by Alex Fedyr - Here's a dark fantasy novel that arrived on my review pile. Alex has a guest post coming up next week too, so watch out for that.

The Corrupted Kingdom by Jesse Galena - Jesse will have something for the blog later on too, talking about this creepy little novelette of his.

Rend the Dark by Mark Gelineau & Joe King - Some horror adventure here in this novella. Maybe more dark fantasy. Either way, cool cover.

Gestapo Mars by Victor Gischler - I honestly haven't the foggiest what this one is actually about, but Gischler knows how to write a wild ride, and this one looks absolutely ferocious.

Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe - Adam had sent me one of the novellas included in this collection already, but now all the stories are together in one book. He wrote a guest post a little while ago that you can read here.

Alien Research by Gini Koch - I won this novel, edited galley actually, from Gini a few weeks back. But it looks like I'm gonna have to go start at the beginning of the series if I want to fully grasp what all is happening in this adventure.

Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics - This one arrived from Harlequin Teen, and there's two words I wouldn't have expected to be put together and publish something as foreboding as this one. It takes all kinds, I guess. Looks promising.

Debris of Shadows Book 1: The Lies of the Sage by Tony LaRocca - This is some dystopian cyberpunk that got sent my way.

Apocalypse Weird: Red Palm by Weston Ochse - Some more post-apocalyptic action, this one with a military sci-fi bent to it.

Seeing Evil by Jason Parent - Jason will be stopping by the blog soon for his blog tour promoting his latest horror novel, so watch out for that.

Loosely Enforced Rules by Anthony J. Rapino - This is a short story I saw for free on the Kindle Store, so I had to get it, since Tony writes some crazy s**t.

Blood and Rain by Glenn Rolfe - I have an interview with Glenn on the blog from a week or so ago, in which we talk about this new werewolf novel that came out through Samhain Publishing.

The Killing Kind by Bryan Smith - A few of Bryan's novels were on sale in October and I snagged one of the ones I hadn't already bought.

A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay - It seems like everyone in the horror community is singing the praises of this one, so when it came on sale on the Kindle Store in October, I figured it was time I grab a copy.

The Beauty by Aliya Whiteley - Here's a novella from Unsung Stories over in the UK, which was nominated for a Shirley Jackson Award last year.

The Last Chase

I think my to-be-read pile has become unmanageable. For the first time in a long time, I have updated my review policy to say that I just can't accept anymore review copies. As it stands, the activity on this blog will probably slow down a fair bit in the weeks ahead, too. So ... yeah. I still got reviews and interviews and such on the way. But the floodgates are closed until further notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...