December 11, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #150: Diana Rowland's "My Life as a White Trash Zombie"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

When am I going to tire of zombies? I would have expected to be over them by now, but writers keep coming up with new twists on the old monster. One of the latest authors to pop up on my undead radar is Diana Rowland.

Her novel, My Life as a White Trash Zombie, has a great title, a cool cover featuring art by Dan Dos Santos, and an enticing hook. A ne'er-do-well high school dropout whiles away her time in the swamps of Louisiana until she receives a job opportunity at the local morgue. Maybe it something to do with her recent craving for brains. Maybe it has something to do with the serial killer in the area who is decapitating victims. Who's to say.

Quite a few readers I have as friends on Goodreads.com have raved about this book, so I figure of all the zombie novels out there waiting to be read, I ought to make this one a priority.

Have you read a particularly good zombie novel lately? Have you read this one? If so, what did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment