December 23, 2013

Merry Merry and Happy Happy!

Yeah, so 2013 happened.

50 Shades of Grey is on the fast track to being made into a movie, while Stephen King's The Dark Tower is not. Many were saddened to see some talented authors pass away, while others were maddened that truculent authors wouldn't just go away. Self-published erotica was on the receiving end of a huge crackdown, yet children's books by celebrities continue to be sold with impunity.

Yup, that about sums it up. Okay, there were a couple other items of note, but I'm not writing a yearbook here. I just wanted to say thanks to all of the writers and readers who have stopped by the blog over the last year. Wag The Fox has been going for nearly four years now, which is likely longer than it ever had any right to go. It's been my stump from which to prattle on about stories, whether they were mine or someone else's.

I can't say for certain what 2014 holds in store for me or this blog. I can tell you there are a bunch more reviews of books already scheduled to appear in the weeks and months ahead. Beyond that, it's all a roll of the dice, I suppose.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and an even greater New Year's. Unwrap some presents, drink some eggnog, and if you can find the time, read a book.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too, G. And thanks for all the book recommends over the year.

    Cheers!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete