July 24, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #142: Simon R. Green's "Something from the Nightside"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

I only heard the phrase "Secret London" last year, not being all that familiar with urban fantasy by British authors, but it's something I feel I could easily get on board. And one name that seems synonymous with fantasy novels entailing secret worlds within or underneath London is Simon R. Green.

I've read a few of Simon's short stories in assorted anthologies and mags, but never a novel, and I think the one I'd like to start with is Something from the Nightside.

The Nightside series sounds like a promising fantasy franchise with a private eye hired to find people and items in an otherwordly section in London called--you guessed it--Nightside. It sounds like the kind of book I would absolutely gobble up, but I only looked it up this year, and it was published ten years ago. Damn.

What books and series have you discovered only recently that have been around forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment