July 10, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #141: Ian Rogers' "SuperNOIRtural Tales"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

I had the good fortune to discover Ian Rogers by way of The Man Eating Bookworm in 2012, and since then I've read and reviewed three chapbooks and a short story collection from the talented Canadian author. The highlight for me comes in the form of his gritty urban fantasy hero P.I., Felix Renn.

Well, Ian has collected all of his Felix Renn stories and put them between the pages of a collection called SuperNOIRtural Tales, published by Burning Effigy Press. And I'm not the only fan of the character either, since Mike Carey (Felix Castor) wrote an introduction for the book.

Sadly, there's no e-book edition of the book yet, available only in dead tree editions, and I've only seen those on sale direct from Burning Effigy. I would really love to see a wider release for the Felix Renn stories--and just about anything that has Ian Rogers' name on the cover, for that matter.

In time, perhaps. But that gets me to thinking: what book(s) can you only get in dead tree form that you'd love to see hit the Kindle Store and elsewhere as e-books?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gef!

    Thanks for the kind words about my work. I've always appreciated your insightful reviews, not just of my stories but of all the books you review on your excellent website.

    SuperNOIRtural Tales is available as an eBook, but clearly I haven't been doing a good enough job promoting it! Here's a link for you and anyone else interested in picking it up.

    SuperNOIRtural Tales (eBook edition)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Thanks for the headsup, Ian. Never thought to check Smashwords, since I never saw it on the Kindle Store.

    ReplyDelete