June 19, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #140: Matthew McBride's "Frank Sinatra in a Blender"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

A crime novel with Frank Sinatra in the title? Why, you'd think it was a Rat Pack caper novel, wouldn't you? I sure would. That is, until I listened to the Booked Podcast episode in which the hosts reviewed Frank Sinatra in a Blender by Matthew McBride.

Set in St. Louis, an alcohol-fueled P.I. named Nick Valentine is tasked with finding the culprits behind a robbery that saw millions stolen from a credit union. Where does Frank Sinatra come into the story? Well, that's his dog. A gritty, snarky crime novel--and it's a got a f**king dog? Sign me up.

Podcasts have turned into one more avenue for me to find book recommendations, and the Booked Podcast has talked about quite a few books that I've either read and enjoyed or sound really promising. I've never read Matthew McBride's work before, but thanks to a podcast I'd like to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...