May 29, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #138: Caitlin R. Kiernan's "The Drowning Girl"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

At the start of the year I got my first chance to read a book by Caitlin R. Kiernan. Granted, it was a comic book, but still. It was enough to convince me I needed to read more, and one of the books that's been recommended again and again is her latest, The Drowning Girl.

Published by Roc last year, the novel is narrated by a gal nicknamed Imp (Indian Morgan Phelps), who may be one of the most unreliable PoV characters ever, as her otherwise mundane world is populated by an array is mythical beings. Her grandmother committed suicide. Her mother committed suicide. And with Imp possibly a schizophrenic, there's the chance she may be on her way to a similar end.

It sounds pretty wild, and nearly unanimously positive reviews lead me to suspect I won't be disappointed should I get my hands on it. So, I've added it to the wish list and will be keeping an eye out for it down the road.

Have you read Kiernan's work before? If so, any recommendations?

1 comment:

  1. Like all of Ms. Kiernan's work, The Drowning Girl held me in my chair and left me looking forward to her next work more than ever. An excellent read from cover to cover.
    Reliable dependable Seattle House Cleaning Company

    ReplyDelete