April 10, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #135: Duane Swierczynski's "Point and Shoot"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the Charlie Hardie series (Fun and Games; Hell and Gone) by Duane Swierczynski. But Hell and Gone was published in 2011, and I've been waiting for over a year for the third and final installment, Point and Shoot.

I don't know the ins-and-outs, but I think Duane posted something on his blog about needed more time to get the story right and didn't want to push something out on time that didn't live up to the two previous novels. With that in mind, I don't mind waiting. Still, Point and Shoot is due out this year and I am really looking forward to seeing how this insane series ends.

Also, I'm curious to see how different the third novel is in turns of tone and pacing from the first two books, because Hell and Gone blindsided me with how unlike Fun and Games it was. Where Charlie Hardie was swept up in a high-octane cat-and-mouse chase with a gang of assassins in the first book, Hell and Gone was a taut mystery set inside a compound with no escape. God only knows how Point and Shoot will play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...