March 6, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #132: S.G. Browne's "Fated"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

As much as I enjoy dark fiction, I'm not a morose man. I crave humor as much as horror when it comes to entertainment--more so, really.

S.G. Browne seems like the kind of writer with a good idea of what's funny. I mean, take this novel I've got my wish list, Fated. The ultimate path for every human is laid out and it's up to two supernatural powers to see them to their ends: Fate and Destiny. Trouble for Fate is that he gets all the crap gigs. While Destiny is overseeing all those award winners, prodigies, and the cream of the crop, Fate's left with the cream of the crap. And after a few millennia of that, he's fed up. Things don't get much better with his arch-enemy Death, either.

The novel highlights all this and Fate's big no-no--he's fallen in love with a woman. What that ultimately leads to is hard to say, but the whole book sounds like a great read. S.G. Browne did a pretty good job with zombies in his novel, Breathers, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles psuedo-gods.

Does this sound like the kind of book you want to read, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment