November 28, 2012

Wish List Wednesday #126: Erin Morgenstern's "The Night Circus"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

I am not a fan of clowns, but I do love a good circus. More than that, I love a good story about a circus, and it sounds like this debut novel from Erin Morgenstern could be very good.

Reading the back cover blurb, there is a Bradburian vibe to it, in so much that it reminds me a little bit of Something Wicked This Way Comes. Whether of not that's accurate, I'll leave that for when I can get my hands on the book and read it for myself.

Considering this is a debut novel, I wonder what debut novels you might have on your wish list. I must confess that I've never read Stephen King's Carrie, which may be a cardinal sin since I'm such a fan of his work. I'm also curious to read Sarah Langan's The Keeper after I was so impressed by her novel Audrey's Door. So what about you? What debut novels do you have your eye on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...