November 22, 2012

Chasing Tale - Kindle Edition (11/22/12): Ania Ahlborn, Scott Nicholson, Lee Thompson ...

Chasing Tale is a regular look at the e-books I've recently downloaded and added to my to-be-read pile. Some are review copies forwarded to me, some are purchases from Amazon's Kindle Store or elsewhere, and others are freebies that caught my eye.

Oh, it's been a wellspring of cheap e-books. What's more astonishing has been the names on the covers of these very affordable reads. Sure, there are the up-and-comers looking to get their foot in the door, but there have been some book sales from publishers this fall that have offered firmly established authors' works for a couple books a pop. And for a strapped-for-cash plebeian like me, that's a godsend.

So, here are even more e-books that I have added to my Kindle recently that were either dirt cheap on the Kindle Store or the publisher's own website.

Seed by Ania Ahlborn - I would have gotten this book sooner, but when I put it on my wish list (WLW#112), I read an interview in which Ahlborn said the book was being re-edited and published through Amazon's 47North imprint. Well, I finally bought it off the Kindle Store this fall.

Eerie by Blake Crouch & Jordan Crouch - Blake Crouch is no stranger to collaborations, but this supernatural thriller marks the first time he's worked on a published story with his own brother, Jordan. It sounds like a haunted house story, so that's a plus right off the bat.

Restoration by Greg F. Gifune - When I signed up for Dark Fuse's newsletter I received an e-mail with a link to a free e-book. This one. Hey, a free book is cool. A free book by Greg Gifune is sweet. A free book by Greg Gifune about a creepy ghost boy haunting the man who shot him is super sweet.

The Dead Man Vol. 3 created by Lee Golberg and William Rabkin - While I've read and reviewed the first six novellas in the Dead Man series, a whole lot more have been released since the sixth episode by Harry Shannon. Well, Christa Faust has penned an episode, and Barry Napier will have one released very soon, too. So, I figure I need to catch up and this book contains episodes 7-9.

Dark Forces (25th Anniversary Edition) edited by Kirby McCauley - I was going to keep scrounging the used bookshops for an old paperback copy of this anthology, which was recommended via a couple blogs I visit. Then, during the Presidential election in November, Cemetery Dance had a 50% discount on all their books, and I saw they had this updated edition. Sold.

Girl Blue by Alan Nayes - I won a copy of this courtesy of Samhain Publishing. I'm not entirely sure what the book is about, but it's got a very cool cover. Between that and Samhain's quickly building reputation in the horror genre, I'm looking forward to checking this one out.

The Home by Scott Nicholson - I managed to score a $20 Amazon gift card from Scott during a promotional giveaway, so I snagged his new novel The Home right off the bat. Trouble kids, secret experiments, paranormal activity? Sold.

Slippin' Into Darkness by Norman Partridge - This was another book I bought during that half-off sale by CD. I haven't read Partridge's work since I was wowed by his short novel, Dark Harvest, so I thought this would be a good one to go with.

When We Join Jesus in Hell by Lee Thompson - After reading Before Leonora Wakes, I was on board for the rest of Lee's Division series. The trouble is that the books aren't plainly numbered or anything like that. I'm not sure where this one fits in with the series, but Lee said I should read it before the other book of his that I have on my to-be-read pile. Good enough for me.

Shock Totem #5 edited by K. Allen Wood - The latest issue of Shock Totem hit the Kindle Store in November. I won #4 from Lee Thompson, but I've downloaded all the other ones from the Kindle Store. This might be my favorite short fiction magazine, so I didn't waste any time downloading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...