September 28, 2012

The Summer of Shorts Roundup

Now that summer has come to a close, so goes the marathon, and I'd like to thank each and everybody generous enough to participate. From June 20th to today, the blog focused on all things short fiction. Short stories, anthologies, magazines, novellas, and a bit of flash fiction, too.

I figured to cap off the season, I'd list all of the guest posts and interviews that were featured on the blog for the last three months. A nice little catalog for your convenience. If you happened to miss reading some of these blog posts, I encourage you to check them out, because everyone really came through in highlighting short fiction in all its goodness. Enjoy.

Interviews: Bruce Bethke (Stupefying Stories); Louise Bohmer (Old School); Maurice Broaddus (Dark Faith); Lincoln Crisler (Corrupts Absolutely?); S.D. Foster (A Hollow Cube Is a Lonely Space); Corey J.Goldberg (Abomination Magazine); Michael Kelly (Chilling Tales); Simon Marshall-Jones (Spectral Press); Tim Marquitz (Fading Light); Scott Nicholson (Missing Pieces); Anthony J. Rapino (Welcome to Moon Hill); Voni Ryan (The Light Side of Dark); Nathan Shumate (Arcane).

I'll be honest in saying this marathon was exhausting, at least as much as blogging can be exhausting. There's a ton of short fiction I wanted to get to through the summer, but just didn't have the time--and by the time September came around, the energy. But, believe me, I'll be pouring over even more short stories and novellas as time goes on. Compared to novel-length fiction, the short story seems to be under-appreciated by the casual reader. I find that odd, since it's such a perfect length of story for someone who doesn't feel they have a lot of time on their hands. I hope this marathon has at least opened the eyes of a couple people and enticed them to give short fiction a chance, where they might have otherwise ignored it.

For now, I'm just thankful this whole project didn't crash and burn. Thanks again to everyone who contributed, as well to everyone who visited and read the reviews, interviews, and guest posts. Maybe we can do this again next year.

1 comment:

  1. This was great stuff, sir. I appreciate all the time you put into this! =)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...