It's been a long damned time since I wrote a Writing Like Crazy post, due mainly because I haven't had much to talk about with regards to my writing. I write stories, submit them, get rejected, repeat ad nauseam. Well, I finally have another acceptance to report. Come September, you'll see my short story, "Where Coyotes Fear to Tread," appear on the pages of Fading Light: An Anthology of the Monstrous from Angelic Knight Press, and edited by Tim Marquitz.
I signed the contract a while back and the finishing touches for the anthology are underway. I'll be highlighting the anthology in greater detail in September, upon its release, with a blatantly biased review-of-sorts and a week-long slew of Fading Light goodness. Should even be a giveaway to go along with it all.
In the meantime, here's a little teaser to whet your appetite via Tim's blog:
Born of darkness, the creatures of myth, legend, and nightmare have long called the shadows home. Now, with the cruel touch of the sun fading into memory, they’ve returned to claim their rightful place amidst humanity; as its masters.
Fading Light collects 30 monstrous stories by authors new and experienced, in the genres of horror, science fiction, and fantasy, each bringing their own interpretation of what lurks in the dark.
Table of Contents:
- "Parasitic Embrace" by Adam Millard
- "The Equivalence Principle" by Nick Cato
- "A Withering of Sorts" by Stephen McQuiggan
- "Goldilocks Zone" by Gary W. Olson
- "They Wait Below" by Tim Olbert
- "Buck" by Mark Pantoja
- "Blessed Be the Shadowchildren" by Malon Edwards
- "The Beastly Ninth" by Carl Barker
- "Late Night Customer" by David Dalglish
- "Rurik's Frozen Bones" by Jake Elliot
- "Wrath" by Lee Mather
- "Friends of a Forgotten Man" by Gord Rollo
- "Altus" by Georgina Kamsika
- "Angela's Garden" by Dorian Dawes
- "The Long Death of Day" by Timothy Baker
- "Out of the Black" by William Meikle
- "Degenerates" by D.L. Seymour
- "Dust" by Wayne Ligon
- "Der Teufel Sie Wissen" by T.S.P. Sweeney
- "Born of Darkness" by Stacey Turner
- "Lottery" by Gene O'Neill
- "Where Coyotes Fear to Tread" by Gef Fox (Hey, that's me!)
- "The Theopany of Nyx" by Edward M. Erdelac
- "Double Walker" by Henry P. Gravelle
- "Light Save Us" by Ryan Lawler
- "Dark Tide" by Mark Lawrence
... and there are even going to be bonus stories from CM Saunders, Regan Campbell, Jonathan Pine, Peter Welmerink, & Alex Marshall, so watch out for those.
I wish I had more to report at this time with regards to my writing, but all I can say at this point is that I have three others stories that have been accepted to other markets, but no contracts signed or concrete dates of publication just yet. The last time I jumped the gun on an announcement, the market died, which was a bit of a trend for my stuff--I was starting to wonder if I was a bad luck charm for mags and anthologies--so I'm not getting ahead of myself.
Once I've got some good news to share, I'll be sure to shout it from the mountaintops.