July 25, 2012

Wish List Wednesday #118: John Langan's & Paul Tremblay's "Creatures"


WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

Okay, when I found out this anthology existed, all I needed to know was the theme--monsters--and I was on board. And then I saw the table of contents.

Creatures, edited by Paul G. Tremblay and John Langan, is an anthology that collects short stories from the past three decades, penned by some of the best authors around. Joe R. Lansdale, Clive Barker, Sarah Langan, China Mieville, and Norman Partridge to name but a few.

I love monsters, so it's all too easy to place this book on my wish list. And when you've got a collection of renowned writers with their takes on various things that go bump in the night, all the better. I've read short stories by Langan and Tremblay, so it should be interesting to see what they come up with in terms of compiling an anthology like this.

Does this sound like an anthology you'd want to read? Any other monster anthology you'd care to recommend?

1 comment: