July 18, 2012

Wish List Wednesday #117: Weston Ochse's "Multiplex Fandango"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

When I started reading through the anthologies on my to-be-read pile, in preparation for the Summer of Shorts marathon, I read stories by accomplished writers whose work I'd yet to read. One name that popped up in a couple tables of contents was that of Weston Ochse.

The guy, to put it plainly, is a great storyteller. And, as it turns out, I already had this particular book on my wish list when it was first advertised by Dark RegionsPress. Granted, that was based solely on the incredible cover--I hadn't even read one of his stories yet.

Multiplex Fandango brings together sixteen of Ochse's best short stories from over the years, some of the more macabre, more horrific stories in his repertoire. And if they're anything like the ones I've read in House of Fear and Corrupts Absolutely?, then I think I would love this book to death.

Have you had a chance to read his work before? If so, got any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...