June 8, 2012

Chasing Tale in June - Kindle Edition (6/8/12): Ramsey Campbell, Jonathan Janz, Jodi Lee ...


Chasing Tale is a regular look at the e-books I've recently downloaded and added to my to-be-read pile. Some are review copies forwarded to me, some are purchases from Amazon's Kindle Store or elsewhere, and others are freebies that caught my eye.

The hits just keep on coming. The summer is heating up with a lot of new releases and the occasional freebie. Here are some that I've recently added to my gigantic to-be-read pile.

Solstice by Donna Burgess - Donna sent me a review copy of her new novel. It's got a slick cover and a cool premise, so there's two checks in the win column. Hopefully it'll hold up when it comes time to read it.

Ancient Images by Ramsey Campbell - Samhain Horror published this novel last year (an older title from 1989) and offered it free for a limited time in May. I grabbed it. I didn't even know they had Ramsey Campbell on the roster. Interesting.

Four in the Morning by Malon Edwards, Ed Erdelac, Lincoln Crisler, & Tim Marquitz - These four talented authors have banded together to present four novellas in one handy collection. 'Nuff said.

Bottled Abyss by Benjamin Kane Ethridge - Ed Kurtz and the Redrum Horror gang sent me an ARC for one of their new books. I read Benjamin's Black and Orange last year and liked it, so I'll be interested in what this book is like.

King City by Lee Goldberg - Lee is a machine when it comes to writing, judging by his output. He's practically a brand--and maybe a robot. Someone look into that.

House of Skin by Jonathan Janz - I really enjoyed Jonathan's first novel with Samhain's horror lineup, The Sorrows, and I've got a good feeling I will not be disappointed by his sophomore effort. I'm not sure when it's due for release, but if it's not on shelves yet, keep your eyes peeled.

The Frenzy Way by Gregory Lamberson - I first heard about Greg and his work on an episode of the Funky Werepig podcast a couple years ago. Well, it was offered free on the Kindle Store for a limited time, but Canadians were ineligible (regional settings and all). Lamberson to the rescue, however, who sent me a review copy in PDF format. Thanks again, Greg.

Into a Long Ago Future by Jodi Lee - Jodi's a talented editor, but she also writes her own stuff and was kind enough to send me a collection of her stories for review. I've checked out the New Bedlam stuff, a close-to-the-heart- project of hers, but not her stuff set outside that universe. Should be interesting.

The Eyes of Water by Alison Littlewood - The latest chapbook from Spectral Press is out this summer, and with a backdrop of underwater caves in Mexico, I suspect some great creepy writing.


Six Days by Kelli Owen - Kelli's latest book is out through Thunderstorm Books. I snagged it at an introductory price, so it might be a little higher by now. Either way, she wowed me with her novella, The Neighborhood, a little while back so this was an easy get.

Echoes of the Past (Demon Squad #4) by Tim Marquitz - I've read and thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in Tim's Demon Squad series, and he recently sent me a review copy of the fourth installment. I haven't gotten round to reading the third book though, so this one will have to wait.

Killing Down the Roman Line by Tim McGregor - I read and reviewed Tim's novel, Bad Wolf, last year. Now he has a new novel of a completely different sort out and he was generous enough to send me a review copy.

Overkill by Steven Shrewsbury - Steven's latest offering through Seventh Star Press hit the market recently, so I downloaded my copy. I haven't read Steve's work yet, but I've heard good things.

Red Penny Papers: Spring 2012 edited by KV Taylor & John Cash - The latest issue of Red Penny came online in May. You can check it out on their website and read it that way, but I'm partial to downloading the e-book version, which I got via Smashwords (but it's only available as an e-book for a very limited time).

Dead End Deal by Allen Wyler - I don't gravitate towards technical thrillers, but I'm always up for pushing my boundaries when it comes to reading, so when the folks at Astor + Blue offered a review copy of this new medical thriller, I decided I'd add it to my to-be-read pile.


And there you have it. Lots of books. What catches your eye?











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...