June 1, 2012

Chasing Tale in June (6/1/12): Patricia Briggs, Alberto Corral, and Chris F. Holm


Chasing Tale is a regular look at the books I've added to my to-be-read pile. Some are review copies , some I got my online or my local indie bookstore, and others are finds from used-book shops.

What is on your summer reading list?

It's a question I suppose I'll have to think about. Since I am dedicating the entire summer to short stories and novellas here on my blog, I imagine my summer reads will be made up of a lot of anthologies, collections, and magazines--more than usual at any rate. I do have some novels I really want to read too, though. Plus, there is my infinite list of review copies I need to weed through.

Maybe I'll make up a summer reading list with a half-dozen books I've already read and would recommend to others. Kind of like a mid-year look back at what my favorite reads have been. I can already think of a couple standouts, but I'll save all that for a later post. In the mean time, here are some books I've added to my bookshelf this past month.

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega Book One) by Patricia Briggs - One of the names that continually pops up for me as a recommendation on Amazon and Goodreads is Patricia Briggs. One weekend, while browsing a used-book store I saw this book laying among a haphazard pile of books. Since it looks to be the first in a series, I picked it up.

My Monster Burrufu by Alberto Corral - I won this children's book through a Goodreads giveaway. I love monsters, what can I say. I think I'll give it to my niece. She turns three this summer and while TV is wooing her, she still shows a big love for books. Maybe she'll love monsters, too.

Dead Harvest (The Collector Book One) by Chris F. Holm - I mentioned in a previous Chasing Tale how my local indie bookstore doesn't stock much of anything that appeals to me, so imagine my surprise and delight when I spied this Angry Robot title hiding out on a bottom shelf. Love that cover. I also take it as a good sign there were three other Angry Robots titles shelved in the store. A first to my recollection.


And there's the paperbacks added to the shelf in May. What pulpy plunder did you collect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...