May 30, 2012

Wish List Wednesday #115: Stephen King's "The Wind Through the Keyhole"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

If you know anything about me courtesy of this blog, it is the fact that I am a fan of Stephen King's work. In fact, The Dark Half, one of his relatively uncelebrated novels is responsible for getting me back into reading over ten years ago. Before my tastes diversified in the subsequent years, I devoured a bunch of books by the king of horror, and one of those books was The Gunslinger. That first book in the Dark Tower saga captivated me like few books ever have.

I've followed through the journey of Roland and his ka-tet through all of the books, though I've actually held off on reading the seventh and final book, The Dark Tower, because I've wanted to stay in the middle of that journey. Well, it turns out that I'm not the only one finished with Roland and his gang, because Stephen King has written another novel and planted it between the events of Wizard and Glass and The Wolves of the Calla. It's called The Wind Through the Keyhole, and quite frankly I don't care what it's about, I instantly put it on my wish list.

I'll finally read The Dark Tower this year and will hopefully have this new book in my hands afterward, so I can continue on and finish this adventure once and for all. It's pretty silly how I've procrastinated with finishing this series of books, but I'm not a guy who does much re-reading of books. For this series, however, I may have to make an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...