May 23, 2012

Starting in June: A Summer Dedicated to Short Fiction

I have something in the works for this summer with the blog. Well, a lot of somethings actually, as I'll be dedicating the entire summer to short fiction. Basically anything that's less than a hundred pages, everything from novellas to flash fiction, but the biggest focus will be on short stories.

The movies, novels, and comic books will fall to the wayside until autumn. Starting June 20th, I'm keeping it short--and hopefully the puns to a minimum. Each weekday through the summer you can expect to see something on the blog pertaining to short fiction. Anthologies, magazines, collections, podcasts, and some of my all-time favorite stories. I won't be alone in this though, as I'm finagling a slew of authors and editors to take part as well. So on top of my allegedly coherent ramblings, expect to read some interviews, guest posts, round table discussions, plus more than a couple giveaways.

I've had good fun with the Monster Movie Marathon each October, which I hope to do again this fall, as well as the Urban Fantasy Marathon back in March. But with three whole months of summer to fill, this will be the longest marathon yet. I hope you'll stop by, and for those of you who do, I hope you find something you enjoy--and with the cavalcade of talented people taking part, I can't imagine it will be that hard.

The banner is a work in progress.


  1. Looking forward to it, should be fun!

  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...