May 25, 2012

Chasing Tale in May - Kindle Edition (5/25/12): Mur Lafferty, Anthony J. Rapino, Steve Vernon ...

Chasing Tale is a regular look at the e-books I've recently downloaded and added to my to-be-read pile. Some are review copies forwarded to me, some are purchases from Amazon's Kindle Store or elsewhere, and others are freebies that caught my eye.

The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow by Lorin Barber - I swear, I accepted a review copy of this book based on its title alone. It looks like middle-grade fantasy, but when I was a kid that was the stuff I read the most.

A Blind Eye to the Rearview by Eric A. Jackson - The fine lads at Abattoir Press sent me a review copy of this novella. I get the feeling Abattoir is going to be one of those little publishers-that-could that I will need to keep an eye on. Promising stuff.

The Afterlife Series, Playing for Keeps, Her Side, and Marco and the Red Granny by Mur Lafferty - Through May and June, Mur is offering what I believe is all of her currently published books for free. They're all available in a handy ZIP file in either mobi or epub format. Her podcast, I Should Be Writing, is one of my favorites among my iTunes subscriptions. It's about time I tried reading one of her books.

Soundtrack to the End of the World by Anthony J. Rapino - I have a review of Anthony's Moon Hill short story collection coming up in July, , so I was pleased he sent me a review copy of his new novel coming out via Bad Moon Books, which I've been waiting to read ever since I first heard about it well over ago.

Sudden Death Overtime by Steve Vernon - I've enjoyed Steve's collections of Maritime folklore, his horror stories, and even a children's book he wrote, so when Crossroad Press released this novella with a gruesomely Canadian cover, I just couldn't resist--and I don't even like hockey.

The Car Thief by Theodore Weesner - I received an ARC copy of this novel. Another example of a book and its author with whom I'm unfamiliar, yet find the book's premise intriguing.

There's some of the books I've added to my to-be-read pile on my Kindle. What have you downloaded lately?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, good sir! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Have a great weekend!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...