April 18, 2012

Chasing Tale in April - Kindle Edition (4/18/12): Donna Galanti, Ed Kurtz, Alexandra Sokoloff ...

Chasing Tale is a regular look at the recent e-books I've downloaded and added to my to-be-read pile. Some are review copies forwarded to me, some are purchases from Amazon's Kindle Store or elsewhere, and others are freebies that caught my eye.

The Respectable Face of Tyranny by Gary Fry - Spectral Press sent me their next release, this time a novella-length piece from Gary. I reviewed a chapbook Gary wrote that Spectral published last year, and it was pretty darned good, so I'm optimistic about this one.

A Human Element by Donna Galanti - Donna recently did a blog tour to promote her new paranormal suspense novel, and she even stopped by this blog on April 5th. I downloaded my review copy from Smashwords, though you'll also be able to find it on the Kindle Store--and even B&N if you're one of those people.

Bleed and Catch My Killer (Sam Truman #1) by Ed Kurtz - Not too long after I bought Bleed via the Kindle Store, I received a review copy of Ed's latest work, which is part of a new horror mystery series. I'll just have to flip a coin to decide which I read first.

The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness - I checked the Kindle Store one day at the end of March and saw all three books in this trilogy (The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, Monsters of Men) on sale for 99 cents each. The regular price for each one is around ten bucks, and I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for an e-book on the Kindle Store. I don't care how many glowing reviews I've read for these books.

Smarter Than the Average Werewolf by Mark Orr - Come on, you love that title too, don't you? When I first saw it my mind instantly envisioned the Wolfman stealing a picnic basket. The novel isn't some touch-in-cheek satire though, but I think a action-oriented urban fantasy style novel. I hope the book entertains me as much as the title. (courtesy of Belfire Press)

The Space Between and Book of Shadows by Alexandra Sokoloff - I had Book of Shadows on my wish list already (WLW #65), as Alexandra really impressed me with her novel, The Price, which I reviewed a while back. I downloaded Book of Shadows from the Kindle Store and noticed she has a YA novel, The Space Between, as well.


So there's some more e-books to check out on the Kindle Store. Have you already read one or more listed? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment