February 15, 2012

Wish List Wednesday #110: Carol Weekes' "Terribilis"


This is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

While I wait to review Carol Weekes' The Color of Bone, which will be published by Dark Regions Press, I have another of her books on my wish list.

Terribilis is a novel published by Atomic Fez, and isn't the kind of novel I'd normally go for (looking at the plot summary), but considering how impressed I was with her collaboration with Michael Kelly for Ouroboros, I'm more than willing to give it a go.

A detective thriller set in Ontario, Canada, a serial killer is on the loose, killing people and making the deaths appear to be heroin overdoses. The detectives on the case look to a biology professor for answers, due to his expertise with a very rare breed of frog. How this all connects to the murders, I'm still unclear, but I'm intrigued, that's for sure. And the end of the backcover blurb describes the book as "an uncomfortable journey into a 21st century heart of darkness." Hey, that could be really good.

So, here's a question: how many of you have read a novel set in Canada? Most of the folks who visit my blog are American, so I'm curious to know if you've ever tried out some fiction from the great white north. Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment