August 16, 2011

Chasing Tale (Digital Edition) August 16th, 2011: Robert J. Duperre, Mark Hodder, Lisa Mannetti ...

I wonder how much longer we have to wait before we get a universal format for e-books. I mean, how long did it take for Bluray to beat out HD DVD? Not long, I'll bet, since I'm probably the only one left who even remembers HD DVD. Amazon has things pretty much locked down with the Kindle formats, but those other formats just aren't going anywhere it seems. So, if these people refuse to pick one format and run with it, then I want an e-reader that's going to read all the formats. How hard can that be? If Kindle could read an EPUB file, it's be case closed. Am I wrong?

Jaded Mistress by Gary Charles - I caught a special offer via Shaun Jeffrey on Twitter, where Gary was giving away this novel on Smashwords for a limited time. I like free, so I gave it a peak, and considering it's a retelling of the Medusa myth from her point of view, I figured I could take a chance on it.

Silas by Robert J. Duperre - Robert will be stopping by the blog on September 9th as part of his blog tour. I was provided a review copy of his novel, though I'm doubtful I'll be able to read it by then. But, given its speculative fiction involving a dog, I'm definitely interested in reading it eventually.

The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder - Mark won the Phillip K. Dick Award for this novel not too long ago. I've read a couple good reviews for it already, so when I saw it on sale for two bucks on the Kindle Store, I got it.

The New Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn by Lisa Mannetti - Lisa has a new novel out, but this one is a departure from haunting historical fiction. Two cats, the resurrected embodiments of Tom and Huck. What? Yeah, this should be interesting.

The First Tale by Icy Sedgwick - After I won a writing competition at the Feckless Goblin, I found out the story judge has a couple books for sale on the Kindle Store, so I bought this 99 cent novella to test the waters.

Shock Totem #1 edited by K. Allen Wood - Shock Totem has their first issue online as an e-book finally, just as issue #4 comes out in print this summer. And at only a couple bucks, it was an easy purchase for some quality short fiction.


So what interesting e-books have you found lately?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on Shock Totem 1. I've been lusting after #4. Hopefully we'll get access to an ebook version of that one as well.

    ReplyDelete