May 18, 2011

Wish List Wednesday #99: Blake Crouch's "Run"

I am only familiar with Blake Crouch through his collaborations with J.A. Konrath (aka Jack Kilborn) on the dueling-killers novella, Serial, and the high-octane vampire thriller, Draculas. I am curious to see what the guy's work is like when he's writing solo. He's got a library of books to his credit already, but he recently came out with a self-published thriller that is being touted as his best work yet.

Run is a succinct title, as the story is about a man and his family on the run from a landscape filled with remorseless killers. The premise feels vaguely like Stephen King's The Running Man, except it's not a game show. The country has gone to hell and the murderers and psychopaths are taking over.

I'm not sure, but I think this might be the first self-published novel I've featured on this little Wish List Wednesday meme. It's about time, since I have been reading some self-published e-books over the last year or so and I've been fortunate in separating the wheat from the chaff. I figure Crouch's novel will be another instance of reading the best of what self-published authors have to offer.

How about you? Read Blake Crouch's work before? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...