May 12, 2011

10 Blogs That Heart Horror Fiction

For as vast as the blogosphere is, blogs dedicated to horror fiction are a rare find. Plenty of blogs for the paranormal romance crowd, and you can't take a step without tripping over a YA blog, but horror doesn't get a lot of play for some reason. Well, the genre is kind of a red-headed stepchild among the other genre orphans. I think there's a lot to like about the genre though, which is why my blog is dedicated to dark fiction.

I'm not alone, either. Here are ten other blogs for you to check out that offer their own perspective on horror, thrillers, dark fantasy, and the like--and each one has heart.

Darkeva's Dark Delights: Don't ask me where I first discovered her blog--maybe she discovered mine first. At any rate, Darkeva has a great blog full of reviews and interviews, all dedicated to horror and dark fantasy.

Dead in theSouth: I've been following Kent's blog for about as long as I've been blogging, myself. When he's not interviewing the best and brightest authors over at Cemetery Dance, he's throwing out his own opinions on books and movies.

Dollar Bin Horror: Rhonny Reaper has a great horror blog as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I'm a cheapskate, which works out well given the theme of her blog. But, when she's not highlighting bargains on horror movies, obscure and otherwise, she's bringing attention to some of the more off-the-beaten-path horror fiction around.

Ginger Nuts of Horror: Here you'll find some fantastic interviews and reviews of some of the grittiest and most visceral horror literature out today. Case in point, this interview with Nate Southard, in which I learn Deadite Press will be re-releasing Southard's novella, Just Like Hell.

Grade Z Horror: Good ol' Captain Murdock treated readers to Richard Laymon Month this past April. If you are in any way a fan of Laymon's work, I recommend you check that out. Or, any number of his book reviews. The guy can fish up some gruesome stuff from time to time.

Little MissZombie: Melissa has a fantastic blog for horror fans. And, she really outdid herself in February when she hosted Women in Horror Recognition Month with a slew of interviews with horror authors of the female persuasion.

The Man EatingBookworm: Peter can suss out quality horror like nobody's business. Lately, he's been especially good at highlighting books on the Kindle Store that don't suck. C'mon, you've seen what's on the Kindle Store. Trust Peter, he will rarely steer your wrong. For instance, his Blake Crouch Week.

Paperback Horror: Colum loves horror and it shows with his blog. He shines a light on the best of the genre, whether it be the bestsellers or hidden gems you might otherwise never have heard of. Just recently, he pointed me towards an author named J.R. Ward with an interesting novel titled, The Gospel of Bucky Dennis.

Read Horror: Michael Wilson is onto something with his blog. Reviews, previews, news, and more. The highlight might be his Meet The Author interviews, which highlight some of the new faces in horror these days.

Too Much HorrorFiction: If you're a fan of the horror novels of the past, particularly the 70s and 80s, then you'll want to pay a visit to Will's blog. Just ogling the old paperback covers of yesteryear is enough to make it worth checking out. But, the reviews offer a great insight into horror's past and how it relates to the present.

There you go, ten blogs for you to visit, assuming you haven't already. There are more out there, though. That's where you come in.

What blogs with a penchant for horror fiction do you visit? What would you recommend I add to my blog roll? I want horror, ladies and gentlemen, so lay it on me.


  1. Hey, thanks for including The Man Eating Bookworm!

    Much appreciated.

    I wish I could steer you towards some new sites but it looks like you've got all the ones I go to covered.

  2. My friend and I have a book review site -
    Between the two of us, we cover just about everything, but my main weakness is horror.
    My favorite review site (besides my own, haha) is already mentioned - Too Much Horror Fiction.

  3. Hiya Fox, thanks for the mention -- and for putting me first! ;-) lol Thanks for the kind words; I look forward to reading more of your reviews soon, and here's to hoping that more people will discover the other fantastic blogs on your list :-)


  4. Kat - Thanks for the link. I believe I have your blog on my radar already, but I'll double-check. And Too Much Horror Fiction is certainly a good one to call a fave.

    Darkeva - The virtue of alphabetical order. :) And yeah, here's hoping, as I wanted to see if I could boost traffic a smidge to these great blogs.

  5. Hey, thank you so much for the shout out. It really means a lot coming from one of my favourite blogs.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...