March 23, 2011

Wish List Wednesday #91: Richard Matheson's "Other Kingdoms"

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.


Do you have an auto-buy author? I heard that term for the first time this year, meaning you basically buy a particular author's book automatically--no questions asked. Well, if I was gonna have an auto-buy author, I figure it'd be Richard Matheson.


Tor Books is publishing a new novel from the iconic storyteller called Other Kingdoms. Honestly, that's all I need to know about the book to know I want it. But, here's a little write-up summary courtesy of Goodreads:


The year is 1918. Alex White, a young American soldier recently wounded in the Great War, comes to Gatford to escape his troubled past. The pastoral English village seems the perfect spot to heal his wounded body and soul, but the neighboring woods are said to be haunted by capricious, even malevolent, spirits. He is warned to steer clear of the woods, and the perilous faerie kingdom it borders, but Alex cannot help himself. Drawn to its verdant mysteries, he finds love, danger, and wonders that will forever change his view of the world.


Sold. So, are you a fan of Matheson? Figure you'd be interested in reading this book, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment