March 4, 2011

Book Blog Hop: Who Is Your Favorite Villain?

Book Blogger Hop
Crazy for Books has a weekly meme for book lovers and book bloggers. It's a convenient and fun way to discover new blogs, just in case you didn't already have a litany on your blog roll.


Each week there is a question asked for bloggers to answer, and this week's question is:


"Who's your all-time favorite book villain?"


For me, I believe I would choose Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand. The guy was evil personified, and when you take a look at the story, he really doesn't do a whole helluva lot. He basically pulls everybody's strings. Oh, he gets his hands dirty once in a while, but more often than not he just leads people astray and gives them just enough rope to hang themselves.


Plus, the TV movie adaptation featured Flagg with a surprisingly effective mullet and Canadian tuxedo (all denim attire). The guy on the left look familiar? I believe he was on Law & Order for quite a few years. How 'bout that?


The more you know.

10 comments:

  1. My favorite book villain is, hands down, is the Napoleon of crime -
    Professor James Moriarty.

    It took me less than ten seconds to come up with my answer. But you'll
    never guess why.

    Hop on over to my blog and find out -- http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read Stephen King--I pretty much stopped reading books that would terrify me a few years ago--but I can just imagine that King would create a stunning villain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I've never read Stephen King. I really should some day.
    New follower!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Just hopping by. Stephen King makes excellent villians

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. BTW....Victor is from Vampire Academy not Vampire Diaries. :)
    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, everyone. If you're looking to get your feet wet with a Stephen King novel, perhaps start with something not quite so epic in length. Like, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, or maybe just go back to the original Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by!

    I think Stephen King has some great villains. dude, that guy is mental! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice! I do have to admit though, the literary version was more effective for me than the movie counterpart.

    I don't know that I could pick a favorite villian. Too many good ones to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are quite a few King villains to choose from, but I thought Flagg the most iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are quite a few King villains to choose from, but I thought Flagg the most iconic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...