February 21, 2011

Writing Like Crazy: "Seasons in the Abyss" Now Available

Seasons in the Abyss is finally available for purchase. The flash fiction anthology, in which my winning story "Staving off the Thaw" appears, is published through Blood Bound Books and can be found through Createspace, as well as Amazon and Barnes & Noble very soon.

Here's a quick write-up:

Welcome to the Abyss! If you stay awhile, you'll find that horror is always in the forecast, regardless of the time of year. Seasons in the Abyss is a flash fiction anthology containing more than 70 stories of horror and suspense.

The season of fear has begun!


Elsewhere on the writing front, Library of Horror Press is getting closer to publishing Horrology 2, an anthology of animal-themed horror stories. My contribution, "Walk 'Em Up," will be included in that anthology. The cover has recently been displayed and should be available for purchase soon.

I wish there was more to report, but I don't consider my collection of rejections very newsworthy right now. I'm simply trying to find homes for my stories, as most writers are, and doing what I can to apply the constructive criticism I receive from editors towards the stories. Most rejections are form letter responses, but on occasion I'll receive a personal note with some opinions or suggestions, and more often than not it's good advice. Nothing drastic, just some fine-tuning.

2 comments: