February 7, 2011

I'm on Tumblr. Now What?

Okay, after a couple of years of blogging, I now have this blog, a Twitter account, a Facebook account, plus I have accounts with multiple message forums and sites, like Goodreads, LibraryThing, Networked Blogs, and probably a few other things I've completely forgotten about--and now I have a Tumblr account. Am I utilizing all of this social networking to its fullest potential? Hardly.

I think the Tumblr account is basically going to wind up as a repository for any rants I write and feel like sharing. I've written several rants on this blog since I started it, but most of them feel out of place. I want this blog to concentrate on dark fiction, whether it's what I'm writing or what I'm reading. My rants tend to be mad ramblings about whatever is pissing me off at any given point in time. Tumblr seems like a great little chasm into which I can hurl my obscenities.

The next trick is curbing my tongue and not blathering on about every miniature outrage that grabs my attention. Most controversies are fleeting, like the dust-up over Bitch Magazine removing three novels from their recommended for feminists YA reading lists. Or, the CRTC here in Canada basically bending over backwards for the big ISPs and their relentless desire to squeeze every penny from the pockets of their consumers. Granted that last one isn't a minor outrage, as that has some long term effects if it isn't overturned--I phucking hate phone companies.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...I have no idea how to utilize most of these networking gadgets. I don't really even know what tumblr is. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. And there are only so many hours in a day to spread yourself between multiple online commodities. Some are more fun, some are more utilitarian, and yes, some more thematic, but they all have to be juggled.

    I echo you on phone companies; repugnant isn't the word...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthony - You're not missing out on much from what I have seen so far.

    Carol - "Repugnant" is a good word after the horror story I heard from someone this past week about their brand new smart phone through Telus.

    ReplyDelete