January 14, 2011

Writing Like Crazy: My New Jalopy

It finally happened. I got myself a second-hand laptop. Just something that with wifi and can handle a word processor. I got a whole lot more than that with my new jalopy, but so far it does exactly what I need it to do.

In a perfect world, this would greatly improve my writing productivity, but so far that is an unproven assumption. Time will tell. One thing I know for sure is that the guy who owned it previously left a ton of music and games installed on the machine. Just what a writer needs: more distractions.

The keyboard is going to take some getting used to, but at least it`s portable. Sometimes a guy just wants to sit down on the couch at night and type--is that so wrong? Also, I think I'll need to invest in a wireless mouse, because that navigation pad under the space bar is cumbersome to a schmuck like me.

What kind of hiccups do you have when transitioning to another computer.


  1. Very nice. I've never fancied the touch pad, either, but my wife swears by them.

  2. Moving files. I HATE moving files from one computer to another. I love my laptop, though. We dubbed it Dinky Dell, because it came from Walmart, but I cranked out my first novel with it and it's holding up through my second.

    And yes, it is wonderful to be able to take it with me where ever I want to write, including the couch.

    I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...