January 12, 2011

Wish List Wednesday #81: Stephen King's "Full Dark, No Stars"

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.

It can be argued that Stephen King writes better short fiction than he does novels. I think I would agree with that sentiment for the simple fact that he has a better batting average with his collections, but he has so many novels published it's only natural that there would be a few lemons in the bunch.

Full Dark, No Stars strikes me as another potential home run. Just After Sunset, a collection of short stories which I have on my shelf screaming at me to be read, received a fair amount of acclaim. While Under the Dome, an interminable epic novel that fell well short of the mark of his better novels, just didn't win over the majority of fans and critics, as far as I know. But the early buzz for Full Dark, No Stars gives the impression that the four novellas included are another example of his prowess with shorter works.

What do you think? This something you're looking out for? Are you a King fan, or have you basically written him off?


  1. I definitely want to read this. I heard a lot of good things from fans that these stories are truly dark and a nice return for King to writing novellas. Amazon's got it on sale for 15 bucks - pretty awesome sale for a hardback.

  2. That's for sure. And I imagine there will be even better deals in used-book stores in the weeks and months to come. "Stephen King" is a name that litters those places.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...