December 15, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #77: Christopher Conlon's "He Is Legend" (anthology)

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem. All December, I'm shining a light on anthologies.

One of my favorite stories is Richard Matheson's I Am Legend, and Matheson is also responsible for possibly my very favorite haunted house novel, Hell House--not to mention his influence on The Twilight Zone. So the idea that there is an anthology inspired by Matheson's works is very cool, in my opinion.

Christopher Conlon originally compiled these stories for a limited edition through Gauntlet Press, but this year Tor Books is rereleasing a massmarket version. There are stories from Joe R. Lansdale, F. Paul Wilson, Richard Christian Matheson (Richard's son), and even a collaboration between Stephen King and his son, Joe Hill.

One might consider this blasphemy, reimagining stories like I Am Legend or The Incredible Shrinking Man for the sake of an anthology, but given the caliber of authors in the table of contents, I'm sure the source material is in good hands.

Have you heard about this one, or even had a chance to read it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment