October 13, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #68: Tim Pratt's "Sympathy for the Devil"

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.

Night Shade Books has come out with some good anthologies recently. In fact, I recently read and reviewed The Best Horror of the Year: Volume 2, edited by Ellen Datlow (click here to read that). One of their latest, edited by Tim Pratt, looks to be especially promising. Sympathy for the Devil collects short stories from a wide array of others, featuring no less than the likes of Stephen King, Kelly Link, Neil Gaiman, Scott Westerfeld, China Mieville, and Michael Chabon. And all of the stories feature the Devil in one way or another.

The table of contents is massive with thirty-five stories included in the anthology's pages. And when Satan himself is the central theme of the book, I can only imagine where each author's imagination leads them. Yeah, this one definitely goes on the wish list.

Have you heard about this anthology? Sound like something you'd want to read too?

1 comment:

  1. I looked at it at a Books-A-million store the other day. Looked good, but I left with the new Rue Morgue and THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF MONSTERS instead.

    ReplyDelete