August 25, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #61: Pittacus Lore's "I Am Number Four"

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.

Tomorrow marks the release of a new sci-fi novel that looks and sounds too good to resist. I have been wrong before, but sometimes a premise and a cover are all that's needed to get my attention.

Pittacus Lore--a pseudonym for James Frey of Oprah infamy--has written a novel titled, I Am Number Four. It's a bit familiar in plot, but there's something about the setting and tone that make me want to read it. A teen boy is on the run, moving from town to town across America, never staying too long and never making any friends. Then, he decides to settled down in Ohio and hopes to make a go of it there, as well as hoping those searching for him don't find him.

The big tease? The boy's an alien, the last of a batch of alien children sent to Earth because their home planet is dying. And the people looking for him don't exactly come in peace. It might sound a bit like "Roswell" or "Kyle XY," or even Superman, but there is some very positive press preceding this novel and I'm willing to give it a shot.

Heck, there's a better chance I'll read this than A Million Little Pieces. Does it sound like something you'd like to read?

3 comments:

  1. I never thought that guy really did anything horribly wrong. Except mess with OPRAH. *shudders* *gulps*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished it actually. I should have a review up in a week or so, but I did like it. I will definetly read the rest of the series as they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy - Agreed. Aren't most memoirs full of fantasized B.S. anyway?

    Ryan - Cool. I'll be sure to check that review out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...