August 20, 2010

Rest in Peace, Jamie Eyberg

Wednesday afternoon, I learned of the untimely and tragic death of fellow writer Jamie Eyberg.

Both Jamie and his wife Ann died last weekend at their home. One of the news articles relaying the terrible news can be found here. They are survived by their two children, Kennedy and Brendan. I can only offer my sincerest condolences to their family and friends.

I knew Jamie primarily as a writer, visiting his blog and sharing comments with him over the past year. That's how I'll remember him. For those who knew him better, they have the good fortune to have known him as friend, family man, and a thousand things more.

A memorial fund has been setup, which you can learn more about by clicking here, to help their children. Also, Aaron Polson has announced the profits of the 52 Stitches anthology will go to the fund, as will the profits from Library of Horror's witch anthology as announced by Michael West.

I'm sure all contributions to the fund, no matter how slight, are appreciated at this time. I have also added a widget which I found at Kody Boye's blog, which also announces a charity auction being organized through Library of the Living Dead. You can find the donation widget in the upper corner of the right-hand sidebar. The funds are to go to the two children. I've offered what little I can via PayPal and hope to donate more in the future.

And if you have a moment, I'd also encourage you to check out and enjoy one of Jamie's many stories. He was a talented and promising writer, and despite his passing, a measure of immortality is reached through his storytelling. Click here to see his bibliography.

Rest in peace, Jamie.


  1. That's a shame....
    He looks like a very talented writer.

  2. Hi, hope it's OK to contact you here. We would love to include your blog on our giveaway search engine: Giveaway Scout ( Have a look and if interested, use our online form to add your blog ( ). thanks, Josh



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...