The book is available for pre-order right now, just so you know, and at a discount of $1.99 off of the cover price. To help celebrate this release, Cate and Strange Publications have one heck of a contest going on. There's two prize packages to choose from, both of which are incredibly cool. But don't take my word for it; below is the meme that goes along with the contest.
The 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such you are deemed very strange indeed. Congratulations.
Now you must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers - strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don't like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don't mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you've received the award for your strangeness, she'll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page)
Pretty neat, huh? Well, here are my seven nominations for blogs and bloggers with varying degrees of strangeness:
Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia - Celia isn't so much strange, so far as I know, but her reading tastes are eclectic enough to warrant nomination.
Dollar Bin Horror - Only Rhonny could blend an affinity for horror with a frugal eye for consumerism. God love her.
Ink and Paper - Jo has been blogging about fantasy literature, as well as YA titles, for over a year now. And I think David Eddings is her all-time favorite author, so that's strange enough for me.
Little Miss Zombie - Melissa is Canadian and likes horror, both of which are strange characteristics--speaking strictly as a Canadian horror fan.
Presenting Lenore - Lenore enjoys dystopian fiction. Don't believe me? Check out her blog. She might be addicted. Frankly, I'm worried.
Too Much Horror Fiction - I thought I read too much horror fiction. Nope, not even close. Will's blog is firmly rooted in the horror genre, so he might like a chance to win some more. Or maybe he'd prefer the Beetlejuice action figure.
vvb32 Reads - With reading habits that run the gamut between YA, zombies, vampires, steampunk, Japanese, and Jane Austen, is it any wonder why I'd send her a nomination?