May 26, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #48: A Dark Matter

If there's a new book on the shelves that has the strongest potential to knock Dan Simmons' Black Hills off the top of my list for favorite read of 2010, Peter Straub may be the author who penned it.

A Dark Matter sounds like one of those psychological thriller/horror novels steeped in the kind of tense and foreboding atmosphere that's right up my alley. And if it's half as good as Shadowland, I'll enjoy it thoroughly.

The story deals with the former members of a 60s cult, as they navigate through their present day lives and attempt to piece together what really happened one fateful night at the hands of the then-cult leader. That's all the incentive I need to put this book on my wish list. That, and the litany of positive reviews I've read for it.

You can check out one such review at Dead in the South. Does this sound like the kind of novel you'd be interested in reading too?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...