January 20, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #30: The Resurrectionist

A lot of times with spying the title of a novel on a store shelf or online, those ones that start with "THE" and are followed by a single word, my eyes will glaze over and I'll just keep trucking along. The exceptions to that rule are when it's a notable author like Richard Laymon and The Cellar, as just knowing it's Laymon I wonder just what is in that damned cellar, or when the word following "THE" is particularly unique. Wrath James White caught my attention with the title of this novel, The Resurrectionist.

Well, just as you can't judge a book by its cover, you can't judge a book by its title. I've caught a couple of reviews for this novel, however, and I think there is more to like about the book than just the title. It sounds like a visceral story of death and dread and one man who seems to delight in both. It's one thing to die, it's quite another to die over and over again. If the book is as relentless as it's reputed to be, I think it'll be a very good read.

Have you heard of this new release? Had a chance to read it yet? If so, what did you think?


  1. His name is Wrath? Good name for a thriller writer I suppose. His huge name catches my eye more than the title!

  2. Wrath James White is one of the better horror writers going these days. I think it's worth checking out.

    Also, dude's looks match his name. Here's the url to his blog, if you're interested...


  3. Lenore - His name is Wrath. A retired kick boxer, I believe. I think anyone who writes a negative review of his books will probably do so wearing a helmet.

    Josh - I already have his blog on my blogroll, at least I think I do. I'd better check.

    Adam - Good news. I'm hoping I like it too.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...