November 18, 2009

Wish List Wednesday #21: "A Lower Deep"

After reading The Night Class, I became convinced that any accolades Tom Piccirilli has received over the years are well deserved. That Stoker Award winner was a real trip and unique from just about anything else I've read, especially involving college kids.

A Lower Deep sounds like it may be another mind warp. All I caught about the story was that it involved necromancers attempting to resurrect Jesus Christ in order to bring about Armageddon. Sold.

I'm sure there is much more to the story than that, with characters that spring to life and a sophistication in plot and theme ... But the potential of a zombie Jesus? That's too good to resist, even if it's not implied by the brief blurb about the novel. It put this title at the top of my Piccirilli wish list at any rate, but I'll gladly pick up any of his titles should I come across them. Tom was even gracious enough to suggest a couple of titles to me (Grave Tales and Coffin Blues) when he visited the blog months back. They're on the wish list too.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...