October 28, 2009

Wish List Wednesday #18: "Hellbound Hearts"

I haven't read enough of Clive Barker's work yet to call myself an aficionado, but I am a fan of his works that I have read. So, to hear there is an anthology of short stories out based on his novella, The Hellbound Heart, and the Hellraiser films, I became interested. After seeing the list of contributing authors for this anthology, I was sold.

Edited by Paul Kane and Marie O'Regan, the book even includes a foreword from Clive Barker. Inside there are 21 stories written by such notable authors as Sarah Langan, Kelley Armstrong, Tim Lebbon, and a graphic piece by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean (McKean also did artwork for Gaiman's Coraline).

I've really begun over the last couple of years to appreciate themed anthologies such as this, as I used to only read short story collections compiled of a single author's work. Even with the supposed restrictions of working in someone else's playground, especially one of Clive Barker's caliber, I suspect each and every auther has produced a story with remarkable depth and clarity. If Paul Kane and Maire O'Regan managed to get Barke's stamp of approval on this, all the better, and I look forward to reading it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...