September 9, 2009

Wish List Wednesday #11: "The Keep"

Well, after picking up F. Paul Wilson's Night World at a shop last month, then discovering it was the sixth book in a series, I looked up the name of the first book and put it on my wish list. Turns out The Keep is the gem I need to look for. Good to know.

Here's a nice twist on vampire tales: Something is killing Nazi soldiers in the Transylvanian Alps. One victim is killed each night, and the mutilated remains are left behind to torment everyone else. So, the Nazis throw more SS soldiers at the mysterious menace, along with an expert on the local folklore to uncover its secrets. Oh, and the expert's Jewish. How do you like them apples?

I have another of Wilson's novels on my wish list, titled Virgin, but I'm not fussy which book I read to get acquainted with his work. They both sound highly entertaining. Anyone familiar with Wilson's works, particularly the Adversary Cycle saga?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...