September 28, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole I Go

Next week, The Neverending Bookshelf will be hosting a week dedicated to Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.

I read the book as a child after being mesmerized by the Disney movie. I recently purchased it in a paperback that includes a plethora of Carroll's work, so I think I'll have to re-read the story to get in the mood for next week.

Check out the blog if you're interested in taking part in some manner.


  1. I read the book when I was a child and was disappointed when it all turned out to be a dream. But saying that, I can't wait to see the new Tim Burton film version of the story starring Johnny Depp! :D

  2. I'll echo Akasha...I'm looking forward to the Tim Burton movie. The colors and vivid imagery would have sold me on it if nothing else. Enjoy your re-read!

  3. I was also going to say how much I look forward to the movie but then I saw the other comments...
    It's great, though, to go back and read the story. Ah, the wonders of the imagination!

  4. Akasha - Hmmm. I suppose the whole "dream" cop-out would seem infuriating. As for the Tim Burton film, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    Celia - Burton is vivid, but I hope he remembers there is a story to tell.

    Logan - I think that's what I love about the story most: the girl's vivid imagination taking her hostage for a while. Creepy stuff in one sense.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...