August 19, 2009

Wish List Wednesday #8: "Through A Glass, Darkly"

Here is the debut novel of a guy many say has the potential to be the new voice of horror literature. It's a tall order for Bill Hussey with only two novels published, with a third on the way, but I haven't come across a negative review for this book yet. The title is one that's been used in the past by other authors, and who could blame them, as it strikes such imagery in the mind's eye. Plus, Hussey's publishers gave his book a stark and evocative cover. It's deliciously dark.

I'm still trying my best to read the longstanding classics in horror—I hang my head in shame for having yet to read Richard Matheson's Hell Housebut I also try to make room for the newcomers in writing. I have strong, bludgeoning me over the head, suspicions I would be missing out on something special if I didn't read this novel at some point in my life. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

As for the reviews on this one, check out these links to get an idea of what I mean: Shroud Magazine Reviews; Fantasy Book Critic.


  1. This looks awesome - thanks for mentioning it!

  2. I'd not heard of that book. Interesting.

  3. Bill Hussey. I like the name...he sounds as if he should be a writer!!

  4. It does look both awesome and interesting. It's funny to read this post now and see my lamenting for not having read "Hell House," because I've since read and reviewed it since I first wrote and scheduled this post. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...