July 29, 2009

Wish List Wednesday #5: "Twilight"

My library doesn't have Stephenie Meyer's runaway hit in stock for some inexplicable reason. I noticed they had New Moon, but Twilight is currently being ordered in--a single copy ordered in to be shared by several small libraries. I'm sitting on the queue for this title somewhere between 7th and 10th. I can't quite recall. What I do know is that it will probably be some time before I ever get around to reading about sparkly vampires.

Come on, Foxy, rent the movie. Oh sure, I could do that. But, aside from the adoring fanatics who treat Meyer's work like a religion, the reviews have been less than stellar. I'm not touching that movie until I read the book. And even then, I may avoid it like the Plague. I got suckered in by fanatics once before when the new "Star Wars" trilogy came out. What a load of space garbage. Nope, I'm quite content to wait until the half-dozen or so tweens ahead of me in the queue get their turn with Twilight. Then, I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about.

EDIT: I received word that I jumped ahead in the queue and it's waiting for me the library. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will probably read it this weekend.


  1. Good luck. I'll be interested to read your review (or thoughts...whatever you have time for).

  2. I just finished the book. I'll be looking forward to your review of the book. When I was done, I was surprised.

    ~ Popin

  3. I enjoyed the book but I'd stay away from the movie.

  4. Yeah, I'm going to try and have the book read and reviewed by Tuesday. Nothing set in stone, though.

    And, yeah. The movie had that "made in Canada" feel, judging by the trailer. Canucks know what I mean.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...