June 11, 2009

Book Contests Galore

If it's free, it's in my price range. So it's no surprise I have fallen in love with book contests. I've got that handy collection of links on the top right corner of this blog, and it's always being updated. This week, I'm angling for a slew of 'em. My chances are slim, but I've already won three books since getting into the swing of things. That's not bad.

Today, I found a contest for a copy of Suzanne Collins' Catching Fire. I haven't even read The Hunger Games yet, but I will. You can find the contest too over at Confessions of a Wandering Heart. The contest ends June 30th.

There's also a contest right now for a signed ARC of Kelley Armstrong's The Awakening. I keep hearing good things about her books, but I've only seen one on shelves, which was the fourth in the werewolf series. I like to start a series from the start, but I'm not too fussy in that department. This contest is being conducted by The Brain Lair, and goes until June 17th.

Knopf Publishers is holding a contest for a copy of Stiegg Larson's The Girl Who Played With Fire. All you need to do is follow that link and subscribe to their Crimes and Misdemeanors newsletter. Contest ends June 30th.

Stephanie Meyer fanatics may be interested to know of another contest surround The Host over at Travels of the Bookworm. Fair warning: there's a question and answer stipulation. Contest ends June 15th. [UPDATE: Due to some extenuating circumstances, Marci the blog and contest host, has had to cancel the contest, and won't be holding any more in the future.]

Want manly books? Bookin' with Bingo has them, and you could win one of four very manly titles. The contest ends June 17th.

There isn't much time left--only a day or so--in The Infinite Shelf's contest for a copy of Charlaine Harris' Dead Until Dark. Hurry if you want in.

Graeme's Fantasy Book Review currently has a contest for a copy of Brian Keen's Urban Gothic. I haven't sampled Keene's work yet, so I'm going for it. Contest ends June 14th

Looking to win an ARC copy of Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver? Then head over to Angieville and let her know what book you've read lately that gave you a shiver up your spine. Contest ends June 14th.

Fantasy Debut has a contest going on, where three winners will receive a copy of Peter V. Brett's The Warded Man. Contest ends in one week.

And, finally, check out Ink and Paper for a chance to win The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan. You have until June 15th to enter. Thankfully, she let me know my original entry didn't qualify because the write-up didn't meet the 50-word minimum (about why I want the book).

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...