April 28, 2009

The Heat Is On

Oh my lord, it's hot today. I'm not sure what the Fahrenheit temperature is, but it's 26 Celsius. That's a spike in day-to-day temperature, because it was barely 15C yesterday, and there was snow on the hilltops just a couple of weeks ago. No such thing as global warming? Alright, buddy, have fun keeping your head in the sand. Heck, maybe it's a good way to beat the heat.

I'm not a small guy, so the less heat and humidity, the better. I almost melted into the pavement last year, so I already don't like my chances headed into this summer. Bring on the Slimfast shakes and garden salads ... sans dressing. (insert sad face here)

Thankfully, the pinched nerve in my neck has eased off with a little "Magic Bag" treatment. The numbness in my two fingers isn't nearly as persistent as it was on Saturday. The hand has been feeling downright normal today, so I'm pleased. I'm not sure if it's my terrible desk chair or my terrible box spring, but something needs to change lest I end up looking like Quasimodo before the end of the year.

Ah, I'm just being paranoid. Not as paranoid as the people losing their senses over Swine Flu, though. I almost threw something at my television last night when I heard a so-called journalist ask a doctor if she could get Swine Flu from eating pork. I'm no brainiac, but I at least have enough common sense to know I won't catch Swine Flu from eating a Wendy's Baconator.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...