I'm a self-professed rabid reader and wrabid writer (and, yes, I know there's a spelling error there).
I started back into creative writing in late 2002, after inexplicably getting the idea one snowy day to write a ghost story. I hadn't written anything since high school, some eight years earlier, before sitting down with a pen and paper. That story ballooned into a novel-length rough draft. Ever since, I have been striving to become a better writer. I may be doomed to fail, but I figure it was about time I failed doing something I love.
My tastes lean towards dark fiction, whether that be in the horror genre or elsewhere. I find that most folks have a different definition--and an unflattering one at that--than I do when it comes to horror, so I find the "dark fiction" tag helps keep the disdainful reactions at bay.
Currently, my published stories include:
- "Scarecrow's Sunrise" (Shadows of the Emerald City, Northern Frights Publishing) [excerpt]
- "The Stand-Ins" (Zero Gravity, Pill Hill Press)
- "Staving off the Thaw" (Seasons in the Abyss, Blood Bound Books).
- "Where Coyotes Fear to Tread" (Fading Light, Angelic Knight Press)
- "Tree Hugger" (Arcane II, Cold Fusion Media)
- "Requiem for a Rodent (Kzine)
I live in Atlantic Canada, born and raised.
Aside from my blog, here, you can also find me on Twitter, Good Reads, Facebook, even reviewing comic books at I Smell Sheep.