January 9, 2013

Wish List Wednesday #128: Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl"

WLW is a recurring blog segment in which I highlight a book I have on my wish list. Sometimes it's a new release, sometimes a beloved classic, and sometimes it's a hidden gem.

A lot of the time when I take a gander at the #1 spot on Amazon's bestseller list, the book in question isn't something I have the least bit of interest in. James Patterson? No thanks. Fifty Shades of Grey? Pass. Then, this year saw a book by an author about whom I've heard nothing but praise, and her book sat comfortably at the top of the pops for a considerable amount of time.

I'm talking about Gillian Flynn and her latest novel, Gone Girl. This one deals with a young woman disappearing on her fifth-year anniversary, and the suspicion that falls upon her husband whose behavior isn't doing himself any favors.

Flynn is apparently shaping up to become one of the top authors in the crime and thriller genres. I already have her debut novel, Sharp Objects, on my wish list (WLW#35), but I've procrastinated in getting around to reading it. Well, this year I am going to have to remedy that and read one of her novels. Maybe this one.

Have you read Flynn's work yet? Does it live up to the hype? Exceed it, even?

1 comment:

  1. You are in for a treat. GONE GIRL was wonderful -- I read it twice.

    Flynn's definitely got a fan for life here. SHARP OBJECTS was the best debut novel I'd read in 10 or 15 years, and now ranks among my all-time faves.

    She's sooooo good.



    www.james-newman.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...