March 2, 2011

Wish List Wednesday #88: Richard Kadrey's "Kill the Dead"

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.

I recently reviewed Sandman Slim, a gritty urban fantasy novel by Richard Kadrey, and wouldn't you know it is the first book of a trilogy. Sometimes I am just sick to death with trilogies and series, but for Slim I will make an exception. Kill the Dead, which picks up where Sandman Slim left off, was published in 2010 through Eos.

What's the story about this time around? Don't know, don't need to know. The characters were so fun and so outrageous--and so bad-ass--Kadrey could have them on a day trip to Disneyland and I'd probably want to read it. But, considering Slim didn't exactly ride off into the sunset at the end of the first book, and there are plenty of angelic and demonic entities that would like to see him burned at the stake (or worse), chances are pretty good that he'll get into loads more trouble.

So, have you read Kill the Dead yet? Did you think it was a good follow-up to Sandman Slim? Share your opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Fox,
    I think you know my thoughts already ;-) lol I was delighted with Kill the Dead and totally disagreed with Locus' review. It's a fun-filled noir romp that shows us a very different and much cooler side to Lucifer, and Kasabian is just hilarious in this one. The first line will have you in stitches. The vamps in the novel are also more in the Taraninto vein (pun intended) so they're much more interesting, but the angels are what make this war, and Aelita in particular ;-)

    I hope you like it when you read it!

    Darkeva

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...