December 22, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #79: Lou Anders' "Masked" (anthology)

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem. All December, I'm shining a light on anthologies.

Since the blog is going quiet for a week, I thought I'd post next week's WLW today.

I've only ever taken in superhero fiction by watching movies or reading comic books. Never read a novel involving superheroes, let alone an anthology.

So if I'm to start reading about caped crusaders without all them pretty pictures, I figure an anthology edited by Lou Anders is a pretty good way to go. Masked is a collection of short stories from the likes of Stephen Baxter, Mike Carey, and Matthew Sturges that all deal with superheroes and the worlds in which superheroes exist.

I've read some positive reviews, and a couple of negative ones, and this sounds like it has potential to be entertaining for readers who are fans of comic books and those that aren't. How about you? Would you want to read a superhero anthology?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...